Friday, October 26, 2007

Austermann Step


Austermann Step, originally uploaded by iron knitter.

In other news, I have once again been seduced by really awesome sock yarn. It joins its brethren in The Stash, to age until I get to it. I think I want to use this to knit the Tibetan socks in New Pathways in Sock Knitting by Cat Bordhi. The yarn is held doubled without matching the colors. She used Zitron Trekking XXL, and this has the exact same yardage (as does Lang Jawoll Aktion).

I wonder what year I will finally get organized enough to knit anyone a Christmas gift? Well...to be honest, I did give 2 pairs of socks last year. I'd like to knit my daughter a Christmas stocking, but I may not do it in time (I'm thinking of Teva Durham's stocking in Handknit Holidays)...I want to knit some ornaments too. And a tree skirt. I think you start to see the problem, especially since I work 50-60 hours per week, and then have household chores, exercise, and family time on top of that. At least I'm never bored.

No comments: